We offer three ways to work with us: one-on-one financial coaching in the privacy of your own home, group workshops to learn critical skills in a supportive setting, and ongoing financial management.
All three will teach you “tachlis” skills – how to make and maintain a family budget, get out from under your overdraft, not waste money unnecessarily, and understand insurance and the Israeli banking system.
Personal Financial Coaching
Personal Financial Coaching from minusPLUS can help you take control of your financial lives in the privacy of your own home. Our most popular option, we can tailor-make a coaching package to your needs or you can take advantage of our Year Long Financial Coaching Program.
The Year Long program begins with six weekly to biweekly sessions; students then graduate to less frequently monthly and quarterly “check-in” sessions over the course of a year. Here’s a look at the first six session agenda:
Personal Financial Coaching
Session One: Emotions
Take a look at your core beliefs about money and messages learned during childhood. Set financial goals. Discuss effects on spending habits today. Discuss cash basis, envelope system, credit cards and more.
Session Two and Three: Fact Finding
What happened? Where does all the money go? Identify all incoming amounts. Do a financial overview by identifying the expenditure categories, calculating the average amount usually paid to each category, and discussing creative ways to bring down costs in each line item. Begin to negotiate categories with service providers.
Session Four: Look at the Whole Picture
By session four, one knows exactly what is coming in and from where and what is going out and to where. Note if there is a gap between expenses and income. Review services you pay for to determine if there are ways to save and make a plan to do that. Learn how to build a budget and begin to fill in the details of the budget.
Session Five: Details
Learn how to maintain and visit your budget weekly. Set up healthy money management habits.
Session Six: Maintenance
This session takes place one month after the first budget is set up and maintained throughout the month and the next months budget is established. Look at successes of last month’s budget and where tweaking is necessary. Decide on next steps and how to ensure that budget can be maintained in monthly and quarterly schedule.
What does it cost?
Our six session course costs NIS 3,000 payable in advance. Additional two-hour sessions after that are NIS 500 each.
We can arrange one-off or multi-session workshops at your workplace or organization. The goal of the workshop is to give students tips and tricks for making it for mastering the Israeli “system.”
The course has several goals:
- To understand the Israeli banking and credit systems and how they differ from the “old” country.
- To enable students to plan for the future and not fall into the overdraft system.
- To provide students who have a sizeable overdraft with concrete strategies for getting out of debt.
- To master the fine art of making and staying within a budget.
- To understand household, auto and life insurance.
- To learn how to proactively negotiate with the Israeli system to get what you deserve and not waste money unnecessarily: don’t be a freier!
Some of the topics we cover include:
- Introduction to the System: Exploring Your Relationship to Money
- All About Budgeting
- Tips and Tricks for Working the System
- Talking to Your Kids About Money & Planning for the Future
Ongoing Financial Management
It’s no fun managing piles of paperwork, filing V.A.T. payments, and keeping records. We can help. minusPLUS offers a full range of home and small business services to help you regain control.
Let us work with you short or long term to:
- Organize your home or work office by getting out from under the clutter.
- Manage your household budget – bank reconciliation, credit card statements.
- Build a monthly budget and set it up on Quicken.
- Create and maintain effective filing systems.
- Manage your V.A.T. payments and receipts.
- Get your health insurance reimbursements taken care of.
- Data entry, typing and organizing photographs.